From our Tithe Map archive
A composite image of Smarden village centre taken from the 1838 Tithe Map reproduction produced by The Centre for Kentish Studies
The map shows the line of the old road to Pluckley branching off to the right of The Street opposite Perrin House
A section of the Tithe Map showing the area around Romden to the east of the Parish.
A Roman-era iron working site is located here.